Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Quite Windy in Fort Worth

Of course, it is windy in Fort Worth. But a bit more than usual. It is cool to see the debree, heavy as it is, in the yard being blown about.

Darn the luck, the Google homepage has the ability to add lots of cool stuff. What once was a portal to jump to a web destination has now become a black hole. I spend much time just playing sudoku, pacman, or some other game. Or perhaps I consult not one but two magic 8-balls; and they are magic. (and I almost spelt magic with a 'j' And maybe only I get that joke) And do not forget those wonderful little eye-like balls in a dual colored frame that follow the pointer around.

To speak of the web evil. One can not only have just this one blog on Blogger. One has to have Facebook, Xanga, MySpace, a webpage, and a link to the afterlife or something. You have to have them all and you have to keep them updated. Of course most people just copy and paste; or perhaps something more diabolical that I do not yet know about. Either way, it is something that makes life just a little harder to live. It makes me wish that I could just go back to Rotterdam and sit at my favorite place. My friend, who lives in my hometown, told me I needed to get a Facebook so he could keep in touch with me. I see him all of the time when I am home and we are in the same not so big town. My oh my, the way this society has gone. There are, of course, those who do not at all subscribe to all of this hyper-technology stuff. Unfortunately, I do not have contact with such wonderful folks anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home