Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Il Pleut

The rain is some pretty cool stuff. This past year or so we have not received a whole lot of it at home. In fact, things are rather dry. A lot of the crops are not doing so well this summer. This forces us to buy fruits and veggies elsewhere. They taste a lot better when you get them from someone in East Texas who you know. There has been some rain in the East Texas area but at times it just skirts the area that I live in. It dropped a little more than 3 inches one evening just 20 minutes north of where I live and from there we had no idea that it was raining anywhere. Someone driving through it said they could barely see to drive; almost they turned around and went home.

Speaking of that, it rained in Dallas yesterday. I am over in Fort Worth, not far away at all. It was raining buckets and buckets. Now for those of you who are not familiar with the rain in the South, that is not an exageration. There was inches of water flowing across the ground; that is how it rains here. Over here in the eastern part of Fort Worth it was as sunny as could be; with only a few clouds in the sky.

As I stated the rain is some interesting stuff. I used to live in the Pacific Northwest where it rained about 9 months out of the year; again, no exageration. The rain just kind of floated down from above; quite differently from the rain at home.

Rain is even cooler in November, at least that is what Guns N Roses sings; November Rain is my favorite song from them. The rain is good to go for a walk in or just to hang out in. Well, there is much that can be said about rain but I will leave it there.

I will leave you with a link to a great poem from my favorite poet, Archie Randolph Ammons, entitled
Still.


Standing in the rain near Zaanse Schans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home