Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

White in the Red Light District



I watched a show on the travel channel the other day. I usually only watch when it is a place that I have already been. They had Amsterdam on the show that day. They showed some of the various sights and things to do around town. They gave a nice tour of one of the museums. Also, they went to a very nice place that was not even in Amsterdam. I guess when you go somewhere, you can go somewhere else while you are there. Then... they got around to the prostitution. This is the most white-washed talk about prostitution that I have ever heard. Two nice, respectable ladies were walking around a nice, safe looking part of the Red-light District, discussing the finer points of the business. The American, of course, pointed out the fine revenue brought by way of taxation. (Didn't Americans once rebel against taxation by a monarchy?) The Dutch lady, not from Amsterdam, indicated that she was quite glad they had prostitution. Some of the things they said were actually lies. Some folks have no principles. I, on the other hand, have more than my fair share. Well, we have prostitution in my fine city. It's just not legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home