Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Estonia Revisited

Well, I thought that I might post my writeup for my church about Estonia. IT was not easy to write for some reason but I finally finished it. Which is good because I always get great encouragement from my church family. Even as I wrote it I was thinking about Netherlands and wanted to talk about that there. Of course I had some help in that line of thought when Bro. Frans preached in Estonia. It was great to be able to fellowship with him and his wife in wonderful Estonia.


Thankfully, I was able to return to Estonia this summer. Again we were teaching English in the village of Kehra. This summer was a busy time for the church we were serving at. A construction team had been there and children from Norway had camp there as well as other events. It was a joy to see the church facility being upgraded and used in the work of Christ. Unfortunately, there is only the one church in Kehra. I saw many people there that need to know Jesus.
The town is small but vibrant. Because it is cold in the winter, the summer is the only time for people to get outside to do things. So it was great to be able to interact with many people. We could have used more workers in order to reach more people. We had a small but great team. The other members were from the Chicago area and varied backgrounds. Through Christ we were able to work together to share His love with those we came in contact with. I again enjoyed chapel time where we sang English songs with the students; young and old always enjoy. We also related the daily Bible story to them in a modern way for them to see who Jesus is and the sacrifice that He offered. Class time was a joy as we taught English but more importantly shared openly about Jesus Christ from the Bible. I enjoyed seeing previous students attend classes in the next level. The continued friendships were great though short in time.
Also I was happy to see familiar folks from past summers. It was good to catch up, see how the kids have grown, fellowship, and share. Also we enjoyed the hospitality of the Estonians. They were very appreciative to have us there working alongside them. We were able to share the Gospel with many people this summer. Please pray for the seeds that were planted and the continued blessings for the church in Kehra. Also, pray for next summer. We are planning to send a construction team for a church plant and 2 English teams. Please pray for the people and support to share Christ’s love with the Estonians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home