Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fun at the Bookstore

So, another day with nothing better to do. I headed down to the bookstore, the big one with the coffee shop in it. It was cool to browse the multitude of publications. I found an interesting book. It was a picture book of people and their guns in their homes. I got quite a hoot out of that one. I was also surprised that the social sciences section was code the codeword for the gay section.

I was looking for a dutch pronunciation book in the language section. Shockingly, I did not find one. There was an Iraqi phrasebook but no Dutch book. What's with that? Maybe the publishers know that unless you want Dutch citizenship (which is harder to get than an immigration bill in America) you do not need to know that the Dutch even have a language.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home