Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Alkmaar


The Cheese Market is touted as a pretty cool place. Well, it was kind of cool that day. It was also informative and a bit fun to watch, if you could see it. A lot of people wanted to see it and did not feel bad about pushing you out of the way to see. So I just grabbed some open ground in the back a watched what was going on in the square at Alkmaar. There is a guy making a wooden shoe there. He sells many of them and gets even more awed tourists gawking at his work. A lady tells over the speakers all about the cheese market. The first advice that she gives is to watch out for pickpockets. Then, in different languages, explains the things that are going in the cheese process. The thing that I found interesting is that the scale master is a sworn-in man.
After the cheese, I walked around Alkmaar a bit. I had fresh camera batteries and another sunny day (in my mind at least) this time. I saw a windmill in town an went to check it out. I then wondered how far Oudorp was; I wanted to check that town out. Apparently it was more than close to Alkmaar so I got to see it. It was good to check out, there are some nice windmills there. Also, there is a good bakery there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home