Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Friday, September 14, 2007

Let's Go


So again I had some time on my hands. This time it did not feel like a burden but rather a reprieve. I was in need of some time off and away. So I decided to go to that great city of Rotterdam that I so like. I had been wanting to see some museums that they have there. My museum card got me into most of the ones that I was interested in. So I went down to have a good and relaxing time.

I rather enjoyed my time there. I wish that I had more time there. It took me longer than expected to scope out the museums. They were quite extraordinary. I enjoyed the Maritiem Museum, it gave a great history of the city as well as of artfully displaying maritime matters. I also enjoyed the Fotomuseum though I did not have enough time to explore it fully. The photos of the city are great, some of them largely panoramic. Also, they had some jazz photos with of course the jazz lightly playing. The Boijmans museum was excellent. They have a little bit of just about every style of painting and artworks. I enjoyed Willink's work, it just looks so real. I just wanted to reach out and touch the cuff of his coat in his self portrait. I also like how he added himself into the Pompei painting.

More stuff that I did in Rotterdam is just to hang out. I enjoy that but also it is nice to do so by the water. It is so nice and peaceful there; life seems so serene. Also I just walked around a bit. I still enjoy doing that in Rotterdam though I have seen a lot of the inner triangle and I enjoy the architecture. I was able to venture out a bit from that. But my time there seemed short. I hope that I will have some ability to return.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home