Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What the... Wait a Minute

Well, more fun (or something) ensues in Amsterdam for myself. Having a free afternoon, I decided to go down to the new main library. I have heard some good things about this place. Of course, nary a word about books have I heard. Even as I have been sitting here and walking about, I have not yet seen the books that you would think that would be in a library. But, most certainly they must be around here somewhere. They do have hundreds (literaly) of magazines and a few scores of newspapers; some in other languages (and formats unfortunately). There are also countless cd's and dvd's. They have a bunch of computers and even some mac's.

But I am not here to review this 7-story plex of information. One can check this article about the library. This caused me to think and then say a "What the f#@!" It speaks of this library and some of the offereings being somewhat geared towards the folks of Amsterdam. But I am looking out and see the red light district. Come on people, this is your city. How can they just ignore that and present themselves as not having that big, ugly mole on their forehead? Just what do the people of this city care about all of this mind enhancing stuff in this library.

I could go on about that complexing stuff but I will not. But there is something more important. That something is not about this skin we find ourselves in nor the power of the mind. Truly, it involves the spirit deep within that extends beyond this short life we find ourselves immersed into and focused on. Will they see it and grasp life?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home