Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back in Time

I feel as though I am gone back in time; well, kind of. Back in the day, I spent hours at my computer waiting for things to happen. As the years flowed by I spent more and more time doing stuff at the computer. But now, both are occurring. One would expect to spend less time waiting for stuff to happen. But that is just not the case. Windows startup times of 5-minutes or more are back. Waiting minutes to get on the internet is once again prevalent. But now, it is more frustrating than back in the day. Back then you knew why. The computer had a processor speed of less than 100 MHz. Also, the modem was less than 1200 bauds so it was perceivably slow. But now with super fast processors superfluous internet connections, why the wait???



If you can read this, then your browser is not translating properly.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home