Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Accident

After work yesterday I was about to head home when a couple of compatriates invited me along to Vondel Park with them. I could not resist a bicycle ride to the park; so we set off for the park. We were rolling along quite well when all of a sudden, the ground came rushing at me. The front of the bike stopped dead and I was slammed into the asphalt quite forcefully. Thankfully, I was not permanently damaged but only had scrapes and bruises on all four limbs. The bicycle was not as lucky; some duct tape came off of the chain gaurd. That is about all the worse that thing looked after the accident even though it was dead in the water. Some nice man even came along and helped me pull the bike off of the road telling me to relax. After we had assessed that the bike was not going anywhere, we walked home across town; the park a distant memory.

Relax, that is something that I did not get to do much of today on my day off. I spent the morning trying to repair the bike. I think that I am going to have to trade it in on another one. Maybe we can wrap the bicycle in a new layer of duct tape and give it a burial at sea. I spent the afternoon trying to get some pictures of my adventures uploaded to the internet; a task that has not yet been completed. But that is a horse of a whole other color and a story for a different kind of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home