Life 2.012 SP1

musings and at times raving of the incoherency of the world to my mind

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Keukenhof

Today the weather was nice and I had the day off, so I went down to Lisse to check out the flowers that I had been hearing about(Keukenhof). I took some money (that I did not come back with), a train, and a bus to get there. It is a great place with lots of beautiful flowers in wonderful arrangements. There are many people around checking things out, relaxing, or just chatting. The scenery compliments the flowers and the atmosphere is friendly, vibrant, and calm.

After Keukenhof, I decided to check out Leiden, a city near Lisse where I switched from train to bus. It is a great place to hang in or check out. I went to a windmill museum, De Valk, which is a working windmill. It was very interesting to see the inner workings of a windmill; they still grind flour there. Also showcased, is a windmill's place in society and the daily happenings.

Keukenhof flower gardens; beautiful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home